A World Leader in Solving QUBO and Related Combinatorial Optimization Problems
The QUBO Model:
The Quadratic Unconstrained Binary Optimization (QUBO) problem is notable for:
- Its ability to serve as a unifying framework for many disparate classical optimization models
- Its role as the primary application focus of the quantum computing community
The formal definition of the QUBO is:
Maximize or Minimize
Where x is a vector of binary decision variables and Q is a symmetric matrix of problem data.
QUBO models are important in practice because:
- Most combinatorial optimization problems can easily be re-formulated, by using quadratic penalties to replace classical constraints, into the form of a QUBO model.
- This re-casting takes a wide variety of classically formulated models, with their own unique structures, and creates equivalent models with the common structure of the QUBO model.
- Thus, the QUBO model represents an alternative approach for modeling and solving combinatorial optimization problems.
Our QUBO Solver:
AlphaQUBO, our solver for QUBO models:
- Is a world leading, state-of-the-art metaheuristic procedure for solving the general QUBO model
- We are currently solving problems of size up to 1,000,000 variables
- Research and development efforts are underway leading to even larger applications.
- Extensive computational experience confirms high quality performance
- Regardless of problem density or other characteristics
- Superior performance compared to other QUBO solvers, including those from the quantum community.
Applications of the QUBO model for solving important problems have been reported in such diverse areas as:
- Financial Services
- Network and Energy Systems
- Machine learning
- Many others
We serve the optimization community by:
- Offering advanced solvers for QUBO models, currently available through Amazon Web Services
- Offering consulting services pertaining to important problems in industry and government with a special focus on applications that can be modeled and solved as QUBO or QUBO related models.